- Being a stay-at-home-Dad is a bigger challenge than I ever thought. I was happy to be with them the whole time and play with them. It was a great privilege on my part to witness the growth of my children. Every new thing they learn and taught by me gives immense pleasure on me.
- Teaching the way of life with my own life becomes a big task. Children are more affected by their surroundings and they learned from what they see. So many things in the life of an adult had to be kept away as long as you are with them.
- The privilege of enjoying my children comfortably sitting on my lap is my priority, for now. My small kisses, wrapping them around my arms, my assurance, giving them ‘high fives’ for every small achievement, me being hugged tightly when they came home from school, etc. meant the world to me.
- From time to time, even in the least expected situation when they uttered “Papa, I love you…” it makes my living worthy. The feeling of happiness was more than words to describe. The time will come when they too would want to live as their heart desire, with the adrenaline kicking. But they will love their parents more when they can reasoned again.
- To be in the mood of a child for most of the day was heartening. You should be quick to change your mood instantly. Dance, when they demand, and cry at the same time to keep them entertaining. Office life is a big get away ticket. Since I’ve experienced both, I think, I can say this.
- It made me realized what my parents did to bring me up is worth more than an appreciation. I respect them. I love them more for what they did. Something beyond what money can buy that cannot be repaid in its entirety. When it is time for me to takeover as a full-fledge father, I simply, cannot leave it for somebody.
- Sowing a seed of life that thought would best suits their life is always risky. It is more important to be able to keep them focus in the will of God. To let them live a life worthy in the eyes of the Lord would fulfill my duty to look after them.
- Never did I think I’d be doing this job during my student life or when I first joined my banking job. Working till retirement was what I had anticipated. Unexpected turns are common in life. And I know it will turn again, someday somewhere, for better or for worst.
- The time will come when my kids are all grown up, by God’s grace. I don’t know what I would do in those times. They may want me to work again so that I might earn again. Since I have already left my fulltime job and getting a new job isn’t that easy.
- Day in day out, the thought of leaving my children in some crèche was disheartening at that time. I do not regret doing what I do either. Their happiness is my happiness. I’d shed few tears when I put up my resignation for consideration, as it is a dream for any man to work in a reputed sector.
- In the meantime, my health plays a big spoil-sport. It was, sometimes, disheartening as I could not spent time and play with them as much as I wanted to. I have a big plan, for and with them, when I started to spent my time with them.
- Since we don’t know what future holds, we tried to fill their heart with valuable instructions, which I could impart at my best, to them. So every moment was used as best as we could, I would say.
- Big respect to my wife, for putting food on the table, every day. Every deeds and hard work of my wife was deeply appreciated. In this way, when we worked together, we are able to run a small family, at our best.
- Should we be able to form a family, which is under God, it would be our dream fulfilled. With great faith and hope, my children would, hopefully, walked in the ways of the Lord. That would bring contentment to my life.
- Though there are certain difficulties and obstacles, at times missing my office atmosphere, in our chosen way of life, we are hopeful that our work would bear fruit someday.
PS: These are based on my personal journey in metro city.
© 2017, Thuam Siam Ngaihte. All rights reserved.